Caroline has been asking for quite a while if she could get her
super-long hair cut. She's only had 2 or 3 trims, and each time only about an inch. It was all the way past her waistline and getting very difficult to wash and manage. We started talking about it more seriously about a month ago, when she decided she wanted to donate it to Locks Of Love. They require a minimum of 10 inches for donation. I knew that she'd still have some length left, even after the big cut, so I was okay with that. We also decided it would be her big birthday milestone, in honor of turning 6. We scheduled the appointment for August 5.
Since Caroline's party isn't until this evening, we just got a few cupcakes to celebrate on her actual birthday. She was really surprised! :)
Here are the photos from the haircut and when she took the hair to the post office and mailed it the next day. I am SOOOOO proud of her for this gesture of giving!!
Hey Jen!
ReplyDeleteShe's so big now! You and the family look great! I'm trying to get back to writing my blog again. It's amazing seeing her do something so inspiring at 6! A true testament of you as a mom! Hopefully, I'll be checking in more often! Hope to hear from you too!
Oh my...Hello!!! I've been hanging out on Facebook and Instagram. It seems that since I take most of my photos with my phone, that's just easier. I like that my blog is more like a scrapbook, so I'm hoping to make it back here more frequently! :)
Delete