11.22.2009

I'm getting there, slowly but surely...

Into the Christmas spirit, that is.

Because of some drama/trauma going on at work and in my family, I've just been pretty bummed for the last couple of months.

But after Darren and I got the tree up the other night, things are starting to look up! That, and knowing that I only have to spend 2 days with teenagers this week...that helps tremendously!

Here is the tree. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.
It's also fairly Caddy-proof...complete with "shatterproof" ornaments.
(Notice that there aren't any at the bottom!)



Here's Caddy "getting acquainted" with the tree. When she came home from Grammy's yesterday, she wasn't quite sure what to think of it. We put it up while she was gone, and it took her about a day before she would even go near it, let alone touch it. I'm thinking this is a good sign!


I am NOT a decorator! This is what I've gotten so far for my mantel. My stocking holders are too big for all the other "stuff" up there, so I'm just holding off on the stockings for a while. Any suggestions for how to hang them discreetly, without big bulky hangers?


I just had to show this one. Not a good 5 minutes this afternoon.


But things drastically improved during bathtime! :) She was even so content that she felt comfortable enough to (ahem) "relieve" herself in the tub...after she had drained the water. Let's just say Daddy was on cleanup duty and Clorox wipes were required! :)



4 comments:

  1. love that sweet girl, mom!!! her outfiti in the tree pictures is PRECIOUS!!! hope the holiday spirit cheers you up, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tree and mantel look awesome! caddy is precious! our "sweet" kate did the same thing in the bath tub the other day and michael was on clean up duty!!! have a great TWO day week with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree! So pretty!! And what was wrong with Miss Caroline? She's still cute, even when having a fit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can easily and discreetly hand the stockings on that flat rectangular panel on the front of the mantel by using the 3M adhesive clear plastic hooks. You know, the ones that come off w/out damaging paint, etc. I use them for all kinds of decorating delimmas! :0) Love the tree. It looks great! Ours is up, but not decorated yet...

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)