2.08.2010

The definition of irony is…

calling in sick for work on Sunday night, only to wake up and find out it’s FINALLY a snow day!!  Or at least that’s my definition.

The unthinkable happened.  My school district cancelled school today.  It was a pretty nice day at home…and the doctors’ (yes, plural) offices.  I had to go in to get a skin “thing” checked out…turns out I have psoriasis.  Doesn’t that sound like something an old lady gets?  It’s gross.  And I just have to say, I met my doctor for the first time today (since choosing him as a PCP over 3 years ago), and he is FREAKIN’ HILARIOUS!  Talks politics and cusses a little…my kinda guy.  My hubs goes to him, too, and loves him. I left with prescriptions for 2 steroids.  I seriously hope this doesn’t screw with me trying to lose weight. :(

Our other doctor’s appointment was Caroline’s scheduled 18-month checkup.  She was NOT in a good mood.  She screamed and cried.  Got three shots, including the H1N1.  She is also apparently going to be a giant.  At least, we hope! :) 

Her stats at 18 months…

  • Head circumference: 48 cm (75-90th percentile)
  • Weight: 27 lbs (82nd percentile)
  • Height: 34.75 inches (>97th percentile)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some photos from throughout the day…

my old rocking chair…

rocking chair

caddy in chair 2

I realize her head is cut off, but there was just something I liked about this one…caddy in chair

caddy pout

caddy cookie 2

caddy cookie 1

I think she looks so grown up in these next two…caddy in snow 2

caddy in snow 1

Of course, she had to taste a little…caddy eating snow

I think she might be coming back around to being Momma’s girl again…caddy momma snow hug

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that green on her!!!! totally her color, mom. :) glad y'all had a day off ... and i saw about the no milk thing on facebook ... good luck!!! hope your tuesday's a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sick/snow day looked like fun!! Hope your "skin thing" gets better soon!!! I LOVE the rocking chair pics...even the one with her sweet face cut out of the pic...very artsy!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's also ironic that the roads weren't even bad yesterday! :) Ava has that same green top from Target! :) She wore it to church on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, My oldest daughter has psoriasis. She has had it since she was 15 months old! She is now 13. We have been through it all, so if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. Are are many types, we have 2 of them! It's hereditary, she got it from my grandmother. I'd love to help!

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)