9.05.2011

Margaret Elizabeth…5 months old

So I’m a few days behind in posting this, but at least I remembered to take the picture on the right day! :)

DSC_0954-maggie-5-months

Here is one of her and Sis before the first junior high game of the season. Darren and I work at “rival” schools, so the first and last games of the season are always against each other. Everyone always gave me a hard time for dressing Caroline in my school’s colors, but not Darren’s. So, I decided to dress Caroline in her Daddy’s school colors and Mags in mine. I made iron-on shirts for them, but they will not be usable again. Maggie’s drool dissolved the decal on hers, and I used a black shirt for Caroline’s and the design didn’t show up well. At least the looked cute for a little while!

DSC_0988starlet

Some updates on Miss Maggie at 5 months…

  • still wearing size 1 diapers
  • still wearing mostly 0-3 and 3-month clothing
  • can wear a bow without a headband now! Hair is not as long as sister’s was, but enough to clip the bow in.
  • going to bed a little earlier, anywhere from 8:30-9:30 and sleeping until 6-7am (not consistent with when she wakes)
  • taking about four 6-8 ounce bottles of formula each day.
  • eating about 3-4 tbsp of rice cereal most days at dinner time.
  • SO happy and smiley.
  • continues to “talk” a lot and likes to examine hands and feet.
  • has started holding small rattles and toys.
  • taking paci out of mouth regularly to replace with THUMB!
  • can “scoot” across the floor, pushing with feet, moving vertically.
  • can do a complete “180” in crib, starting with head at one end and waking at the other.
  • can roll back to front, but haven’t done it much in past few weeks.
  • can roll front to back, but doesn’t do it very often.

Maggie was “diagnosed” with her first illness the other day. She has an upper respiratory infection. :( She has been very congested with lots of hacking coughing for about 10 days. She has responded very well to the antibiotic, though. She is sleeping soundly through the night again, after several rough nights. Her weight when Darren took her on Friday was 14 lbs 5 oz. Still our tiny girl. This was about 25th-50th percentile, but she just seems SO small to me! I haven’t measured her length and think I will just wait until her 6-month checkup for an accurate measurement.

In other news, I am making a change in my design business over at Jen Gets Fancy. I have encountered a problem installing blog layouts with Blogger, so I am using this challenge as an opportunity to try something new. I still love digital design, so I plan to start offering other digital design services, like stationery (notepads, post-its, notecards), invitations and greeting card designs. I will likely have several “basic” designs that can be personalized by color and names. I have sold my Christmas card designs over the past few years as digital files, to be used for uploading at various online printing sites. I’m planning to offer some Halloween designs very soon. If you are interested in some custom cards, please contact me and I’ll let you know which print services I prefer. I am not going to mention the website here, since I don’t intend to promote them over any others. Again, just email me if you are interested. I will get some designs up on the Jen Gets Fancy page in the next few weeks.

I’ll close with a few photos from this morning. I have been going through some of Caroline’s old clothes to see what will fit Maggie. Good thing Maggie is a little on the small side and can wear the same sizes that Caroline wore at about 2-3 months old. She fit perfectly into a pair of 3-6 month Gap jeans that C never got to wear. I bought them for her at 4 months and she was already too big!!

DSC_0455starlet

DSC_0462starlet

DSC_0489starlet

DSC_0533starlet

DSC_0571starlet

DSC_0628starlet

DSC_0597starlet

4 comments:

  1. Maggie is adorable with the most beautiful blue eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful girls Jennifer!  Your home must be filled with picture frames :)
    I'm new to following your cute blog so I look forward to tagging along...
    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg she is beautiful!  she gets cuter and cuter each month if thats possible!  happy 5 months baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love this post!! So sweet!!  Maggie is such a cutie!!  I really LOVE the girls pic together...I like the cap and band-aid on Caroline...such a Big Girl!!  I'm very sad about you not doing the blog design anymore!!  I'm a little tick at blogger right now, myself.  Things are just not the same as they used to be or either I'm not smart enough to figure them out!!  Good luck with your new adventure...sounds like something I might like to BUY!!!  Can't wait to see your designs!!

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)