10.01.2011

Margaret Elizabeth…6 months old

Happy half-birthday to my sweet Margaret Elizabeth! :) Can’t believe it’s been half a year already!

margaret-elizabeth-6-months-old

Some things about you right now…

  • You are finally wearing a size 2 diaper. They are still a little big, but the 1s were getting snug.
  • You are still sleeping so well! We have been putting you down earlier, around 8-8:30, just after big sister goes to bed. You usually sleep until about 6:30, when Daddy wakes you to eat and get dressed.
  • You take four 6-8 ounce bottles a day and eat about 3 tablespoons of rice cereal at dinner time. We are planning to introduce veggies this week after your checkup on Monday. You are not a super-hungry little girl…unlike your sister, who has finally gotten an appetite, after months and months of not wanting to eat.
  • You can roll both ways, but your shoulder always gets in your way. You need a little help making it all the way sometimes.
  • You actually seem to enjoy tummy time these days. I think you are starting to get the idea that you will be able to move soon from that position.
  • You can do the “tripod” sit for a short period, before tipping over. It’s a step in the right direction, though! ;)
  • Your sister still ADORES you! She gets in trouble sometimes for squeezing you too hard, though.

Here are just a few photos of Maggie and Caroline. Big sis gets REALLY jealous during our monthly photo sessions and always insists on joining in.

 

DSC_0106ambrosia

DSC_0109ambrosia

DSC_0133a

DSC_0183a

I also thought I’d take some time to show off my latest handiwork. I decided to finally go ahead and “invest” in an embroidery machine. I had a very nice sewing machine already, but I’ve always dreamed of being able to make cute appliqued and personalized clothes and accessories for the girls. I call it an investment, because with 2 girls, I foresee lots of money being spent to have other people make these things for me. It has me pulling my hair out, but I love it so far! Here are some of my projects…good AND bad!

My friend, Sara, is expecting baby Luke in November. Her mom made her a ton of cute, colorful burp cloths, so I offered to add his name to some of them.

DSC_0070

DSC_0079

DSC_0081

DSC_0082

DSC_0084

Here is one of my BIG “oops” projects!DSC_0071

DSC_0077

DSC_0078

DSC_0085

Never thought I’d LOVE being all matchy-matchy with my girls so much! :)DSC_0203a

3 comments:

  1. Jen, you look great!!  Seriously, you look so skinny!  Also, super impressed that you're embroidering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to start embroidering as well, but haven't took the leap to invest in a machine yet.  What kind of machine did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, your shirts are ADORABLE!!!!  LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)