At last...Caddy got to wear her super-cute navy/white/yellow swimsuit!! We joined a local neighborhood swimming pool where Darren's family were members when he was a kid. It's really a great deal...you pay $150 to join, then about $250 each summer to use the pool from Memorial Day through Labor Day. And the membership is limited to a couple hundred families (I think), so it's not too full and it has a great family atmosphere.
So, we were happy when the rain stayed away for a few hours this afternoon, and we decided to venture out to the pool. It took about 30 minutes to get us all dressed and packed, but only about 10 seconds for Caroline to decide that the water was waaaaaaayyyyyy too cold for her!!! I tried to keep her in for about 2 minutes, hoping she'd adjust to the water temperature the way we do, but she wasn't havin' it!
I'm so glad we took the camera, though, to capture her first dip. Now, we just have to wait until it gets up to around 90° to warm the water up a bit!



So, we were happy when the rain stayed away for a few hours this afternoon, and we decided to venture out to the pool. It took about 30 minutes to get us all dressed and packed, but only about 10 seconds for Caroline to decide that the water was waaaaaaayyyyyy too cold for her!!! I tried to keep her in for about 2 minutes, hoping she'd adjust to the water temperature the way we do, but she wasn't havin' it!
I'm so glad we took the camera, though, to capture her first dip. Now, we just have to wait until it gets up to around 90° to warm the water up a bit!



She wasn't really happy again until she was all wrapped up with her hood on!

And might I add...the whole post-baby-body swimsuit reveal was not quite as traumatizing as I had thought it'd be. I guess you just really don't care so much when you're holding a sweet little girly!

Sounds similar to our first swimming trip - way too cold for the babe! I'm anxious to try again soon!!
ReplyDeleteShe'll be loving it by the end of summer!
her swimsuit is PRECIOUS! and momma looks GOOOOOD! wow. i still hide behind a raft. and probably will forever.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!! Poor wittle baby was freezing!! You both look great in your suits though!! Your pics on FB prompted me to look into family pools around here. The country club is pretty much our only option so maybe next year. Thinking about getting one of those blow up pools for the back yard...ha!!
ReplyDeleteYOUR post-baby body looks GREAT! I am afraid my bod will be ultra-traumatizing. I have my shopping cart on jcrew.com filled w/ some cute suits for the beach but am having trouble not just going to the moo moo section at Walmart for beachwear. Ugh!!!
Seriously, I'm in love with sweet lil' Caroline! She is just the funniest little thing! I cannot get over how much hair she has. And you both look fabulous in your suits! I am still looking for one that will hide everything!
ReplyDeleteI am soo glad you joined Eastgate! I can't tell you the fabulous memories my girls have already made there! In fact, in 2nd grade, one of Evan's assignments was to have her picture made at her favorite place in Fort Smith....without question...she picked Eastgate Pool! Can't wait to see you and Caroline there.
ReplyDeleteI am soo glad you joined Eastgate! I can't tell you the fabulous memories my girls have already made there! In fact, in 2nd grade, one of Evan's assignments was to have her picture made at her favorite place in Fort Smith....without question...she picked Eastgate Pool! Can't wait to see you and Caroline there.
ReplyDelete