12.28.2012

I'm bored...and it's fantastic!

I brought my car in for a minor repair last Friday and was reminded of the inevitable...we need new tires. We knew it was coming soon. Our car is just 2.5 years old, but has about 58,000 miles on it. Darren started shopping around for tires about a month ago. The prices were just plain scary. They were more expensive that the ones we put on our Tahoe several years ago. Those were truck tires, but these are for 20 inch wheels. Guess that's the price we pay for "rollin' on 20s" in our crossover SUV. ;)

So, this all leads me to my quiet, "boring" time in the dealership waiting room. I spent 2.5 hours here last Friday morning and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I watched 2 episodes of I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show. I worked on two different scarves. I played on Facebook and Pinterest. I drank coffee. It was nothing short of bliss. When I got here this morning for the tire installation, they offered me a loaner car if I didn't want to stay here. I asked about how long it might take and they said just under 2 hours. Hello? This is precious "alone time" for a mommy! I've got my crocheting and my iPad. I can totally handle staying here. :)

Since I'd hate to completely waste this time, I thought I'd post of few Instagram pics of our past week or so...


It was PJ day at school for the girls last Friday...

I went for sushi and a movie with some of my girlfriends...

I crafted myself an "ugly sweater" for our annual Christmas party Saturday night...

I made the PW's olive cheese bread for the party...

Finished my mom's infinity scarf just before we headed for our gift exchange on Sunday...

Decided to try an old-school friendship bracelet. Haven't finished it yet.

Finished up this pretty, icy blue scarf for myself!

My mom got me this super-cool, PURPLE bluetooth keyboard/case for my iPad...from where I am currently blogging! ;)

My mom got the girls the CUTEST Little People princess castle! Caroline got a set of all the Disney princess Little People and Maggie got the LP version of Snow White and 7 Dwarves. Sooo sweet!

I woke up in a panic early on Christmas Eve, because I remembered that Caroline had asked 3 different Santas for a mermaid. I definitely needed to find that girl a mermaid! Thank goodness Toys R Us was open round the clock in the days before Christmas. I was there at 5:30 on Monday morning! I also went ahead and ran to the store for a few staples, since we were expected to get snow. Apparently, you can't buy wine in Arkansas at 6:15 in the morning. The lady at Neighborhood Market told me I'd have to wait until 7:00. ;)

I came home and we enjoyed donuts and milk for breakfast...

...followed by a bath to clean up!

I'm training this one early...

Baked some cookies for Santa...

Caroline was an angel at Children's Mass for the second year. She talked about it ALL year long and I'm sure I'll hear about for the coming year.


Special love for "little Santa" before we headed out to look at lights...

 

Cookies and milk for the big guy...

Saying goodbye to Olive until next year...

We put up Caroline's old baby gate to make sure she stayed in bed in the morning. She asked us "Are you trying to trap me?" Yes. Yes, we were. ;)


A few comparisons from last year to this year...

Her 2 favorite gifts...

Home and in my new PJs by 2:00 pm...

Our snowy house on Christmas night...

Caroline was so excited to play in the snow Wednesday morning. But we live in Arkansas, therefore we have no real snow gear. Plastic bags under her boots was the best I could think of.

Caroline in 2009...Maggie in 2012 (love this little coat!)

My new Uggs! I have always thought they looked just HIDEOUS! I never knew what they felt like on the INSIDE!! I may never take them off!

Had a little lunch date at the mall with this girl...

The other day, Caroline came running in and told me "Mommy! I don't need a stool to wash my hands anymore! How awesome is that?!" It cracked me up the way she said it. She was totally right!!

I've been needing a new pair of cheap sunglasses lately. I'm down to just one pair, and I usually like to have at least 2 or 3 on hand, just in case. I found these Cole Haans at TJMaxx for $16.99. I looked them up online and saw that they retail for $78! Not a bad deal. Wasn't sure if these wayfarers were too "hipster" for a mommy. I'll wear them anyway. ;)

Okay...I suppose that's enough rambling for now. Time to do a little crocheting with the rest of my "bored" time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something sweet! :)