12.03.2012

Motivation...

 
I've said it before, and I'm saying it again (because it's true!)...I am a serious blog slacker! To put things in perspective, the first year I blogged, I had 225 posts over 12 months. That's 18-19 posts per month. This year? Well, this is my 35th post. That's an average of just under 3 posts per month. (Yes, I like calculated the stats...I'm weird.) To help motivate me to post more often, I sought out the design expertise of Jessica at Diamond Doll Designs and this is the GORGEOUS new look she created for me!
I've really missed the mental and emotional outlet blogging used to provide. I also realized I've done a horrible job of documenting Maggie's milestones, compared with how I did for Caroline. I'd like to be able to look back here to see BOTH of them as they grew up. One other thing I've missed is the connection I had with my blogging "friends". Many of the girls I met in my early blogging days, or through my blog design business, are now my friends on Facebook, Instagram, through texting and a couple even in real life. I still read tons of blogs, but I feel like I've dropped out of the game. And now I want to get back in. :)

Like I mentioned previously, this new look is to help motivate me to be here more frequently. I've also allowed Jessica to add links to my private Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. (Except I don't think she's gotten them up just yet. But they'll be there soon!) I have chosen not to give access to my Facebook, simply because it includes my maiden and last names and my specific location. The other social networking sites are private accounts that I can give access to on an individual basis. (I feel just a bit more protected in that way.)

So, I guess I say all this as my official "back in the game" post. I've been a little better lately because of this new app that makes it so easy to blog from my iPad. If you have one, you should give it a try...just look for Blogsy. It let's you "drag" your pictures and/or videos directly from Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or Vimeo.

Let me know what y'all think about the new look...and grab my pretty new button if you want! If you're a new visitor and don't see your blog on my "daily reads" list, leave me a little comment, so I can add you. I'd love to be a regular visitor of yours, too. :)

And just to round things out nicely with a few pictures...


My new wreath I made by following a tutorial from another blogger...
To help me settle into bed more comfortably last night...
And just look at what's considered a "vintage" toy these days!! They are rereleasing these in honor of the upcoming 30TH(!!!) anniversary of the originals! I'm feeling quite old...


15 comments:

  1. Love the new look and so glad your back in the blogging world. Now, why is my blog not on your reads list!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Super cute! And love the sweet bio's on your cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I kind of ebb and flow in blogging, but make myself write a monthly letter to Paige there, so I feel like I'm staying caught up that way even when I'm not posting as often as I'd like. And, I'm not on your reads list either .... ;) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that quote at the top! I love the outlet blogging provides too...glad you will be getting back to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it great? I think I need to post that in my classroom!! :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is too cute...maybe one of these days I will clean mine up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! You went private, right? Would love to follow y'all. Let me know how. :)

      Delete
    2. Yep -- send me your email address and I'll add you as an "approved reader." Sounds so uppity! :) I may go back to being public one of these days...I really didn't have a reason to go private, except I felt so exposed!!!

      Delete
  6. Dude, I went to look for the vintage CB dolls at Target and couldn't find them!!! YEAH for being back blogging. And your wreath...u rock!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Toys R Us! And the wreath was SERIOUSLY easy!!

      Delete
  7. Hi! I found your blog a while back and then my newsfeeds got messed up, but you popped back up! I enjoy reading about your girls! I am your neighbor up the street and I believe we have some mutual friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)