10.18.2008

My favorite day of the week...

Saturdays are officially my FAVORITE day of the week! We get to sleep in a little, then go for breakfast at Calico County, and spend the rest of the day hanging out with Caroline. This morning she decided to wake a little earlier than usual (5:00 am!), so she'd already had her early morning nursing when she woke again at 7:30. Daddy got her up and dressed and brought her to get Mommy out of bed! What a sweet surprise...a cute little girly in her pink polo shirt and jeans! I can't wait for the days that she can come crawl in bed and snuggle with us!





Caroline was due for a bath tonight, but due to some excessive drooling after her late-morning bottle, we had to move the bath to the daytime. We usually put her bathtub on the kitchen table to bathe her, but today we decided to try putting it in the regular bathtub, so we wouldn't have to worry about any overflows or splashes/spills. Caroline LOVES bathtime already, so I can't wait until she's older and can sit up and play in the water. She hardly even flinches when I pour the water over her head to rinse the soap out of her hair!

We have one of those fabric sling-type carriers for Caroline, but so far she doesn't enjoy it. I think it goes back to her dislike of being constricted or confined in any way. So I asked my friend Donna Jo about how she liked her Baby Bjorn when her little girl was a baby. She said she LOVED it and even used it when she grocery shopped at Wal-Mart, because the carseat/carrier never fit correctly in the cart. I decided to head out to Blessed Baby to try one out and ended up buying one...I even found a cute slipcover for it on clearance. Darren keeps telling me how stupid (okay, he uses a different word!) it looks, but I think it's pretty darn cool! Caroline seems to enjoy it as well. When she's bigger and has better head control, she can turn around and watch where we are going!

After testing out the new Baby Bjorn, it was time for a little naptime in the crib. I was pretty sure she'd drifted off to sleep, but then I heard some whining/crying and went to check on her. Instead of an upset, fussy baby I found a perfectly content little girl "talking" to the animals on her mobile. She was cracking me up with her little jibber-jabbering and smiling...we even captured some of it on the video camera!

We have discovered that true happiness is a happy, smiling baby girl!

Can't wait to hear that first little giggle!


6 comments:

  1. She is so sweet! The carrier is cute. Your snuggle time looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved our Bjorns! The slipcover is a great idea...I don't think they had those 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline is getting so big, & is so precious like always!! I can't wait for snuggle time...I just hope I look that good waking up on a Saturday morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calico County mmmmm.... Who does Caroline favor more? I think I see daddy some! She has so much hair! That is so cute! I hope my jonah has a headful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Bjorn! Look Ma!~ No Hands!!! CAroline is getting cuter and cuter by the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. get rid of the cloth mum! legs spread wide like a good girl wanting to show her nice chubbypussy

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)