Remember this?

Well, I didn't remember it today! In fact, I didn't realize that I'd forgotten it (in our pool bag...sitting in the kitchen) until I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt at Target!!!
Let's just say it took LOTS of self-restraint to keep myself from breaking down in tears. I'm sure all you moms out there realize what a hassle it can be to get an infant/toddler out of the house, into the car, out of the car, into the shopping cart and around the store for 45 minutes. And I just didn't have the strength to get the girl out of the cart, back into the car, to the house to grab the wallet, back to Target, back out of the car and into the store to pay for the stuff!
So...stroke of genius...I called my neighbor Tammy, who just happened to be home, and she was kind enough to ride with us (after I ran in to get my wallet) back to Target and sit with the girl in the car while I ran back in. And the people at Target were kind enough to hold my cart!
And here's the big kicker...just as I was walking back in the house after all that, guess what I realized...my checkbook was in my purse the whole time!!! Arghhhh!
Has this ever happened to you? I'd love to hear your tales! :)
Oh, and have any of your little ones ever just stopped eating? Caddy does NOT want to eat these days! She makes faces, pushes the spoon away, waves her hands, spits things out...anything to avoid eating! And I've even tried to give her more finger foods, since I thought she wanted to feed herself...she's just NOT havin' it! Basically, the only things she'll eat are oatmeal (a little), stage 2 fruits and "puffs". Well, today I got her to eat some pieces of waffle, but that's just because she thought it was "puffs".
Is this just something that comes with this age (10 months)? Could it be teething related? She acts like she's cutting some top teeth...she still only has the 2 bottom ones that she got way back in February. Please make me feel better about this! I realize she's probably not going to starve, but I don't want her to start bad eating habits. What do y'all think?
Okay...enough moaning and groaning for now...hope y'all have a great day! And I really would appreciate some suggestions or feedback! ☺ Thanks!

Well, I didn't remember it today! In fact, I didn't realize that I'd forgotten it (in our pool bag...sitting in the kitchen) until I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt at Target!!!
Let's just say it took LOTS of self-restraint to keep myself from breaking down in tears. I'm sure all you moms out there realize what a hassle it can be to get an infant/toddler out of the house, into the car, out of the car, into the shopping cart and around the store for 45 minutes. And I just didn't have the strength to get the girl out of the cart, back into the car, to the house to grab the wallet, back to Target, back out of the car and into the store to pay for the stuff!
So...stroke of genius...I called my neighbor Tammy, who just happened to be home, and she was kind enough to ride with us (after I ran in to get my wallet) back to Target and sit with the girl in the car while I ran back in. And the people at Target were kind enough to hold my cart!
And here's the big kicker...just as I was walking back in the house after all that, guess what I realized...my checkbook was in my purse the whole time!!! Arghhhh!
Has this ever happened to you? I'd love to hear your tales! :)
Oh, and have any of your little ones ever just stopped eating? Caddy does NOT want to eat these days! She makes faces, pushes the spoon away, waves her hands, spits things out...anything to avoid eating! And I've even tried to give her more finger foods, since I thought she wanted to feed herself...she's just NOT havin' it! Basically, the only things she'll eat are oatmeal (a little), stage 2 fruits and "puffs". Well, today I got her to eat some pieces of waffle, but that's just because she thought it was "puffs".
Is this just something that comes with this age (10 months)? Could it be teething related? She acts like she's cutting some top teeth...she still only has the 2 bottom ones that she got way back in February. Please make me feel better about this! I realize she's probably not going to starve, but I don't want her to start bad eating habits. What do y'all think?
Okay...enough moaning and groaning for now...hope y'all have a great day! And I really would appreciate some suggestions or feedback! ☺ Thanks!

I personally think she's just teething. Trust me, she will eat when she gets good and ready to! As for the purse episode, I'm pretty sure I've had something like that happen to me in the past, too. But I really wanted you to know that great minds think alike because I was at Target this morning before work. I had to get Alise some more bathing suits since she's swimming three days a week at daycare! I couldn't find the bottom to her Mermaid bikini this morning so I decided to stop in and buy some one pieces! I LOVE that Target opens so early!
ReplyDeleteI've seen and heard that refusing food can be a sign of teething. We went through this slightly when Ava was getting her top two teeth. Getting her to eat a meal or even a bottle was a huge struggle. I think getting teeth makes their entire head and facial region sore. If she's hurting, she just may not feel like eating. Think about when we sometimes feel crummy - we don't always feel like eating, so I'm sure babies go through that too. Just keep offering it to her and she will eat when she's hungry and/or feeling better! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteI have done that. But didn't realize it until I had gotten completely checked out. $150 worth of groceries, Keira in an infant carrier, me in tears. Not fun. BUT a lady that I had gone to church with years ago saw me, and handed me a blank signed check. She just said, "Write it for however much you need, I know you'll pay me back!" She was my hero!
ReplyDeleteI have been there- shopping and not having any money along for the ride- with 4 kids in tow. 4 kids to put back in their car seats and then go all the way back home, and then back to the store. Car seats two more times and then finally back home where I collapse out of pure exhaustion!
ReplyDeleteMaybe your sweetie girl is teething, and maybe she's just decided that she prefers to have more bottles? Our pediatrician told me not to worry when they go on a little food strike. They will eat when they are good and ready- and they won't be any worse for wear.
Best wishes!
-Jenni
Yes...wallet thing has happened and I ALSO had other method of payment with me and didn't realize it. That was VERY smart of you to have your neighbor go with you!!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you that I think she's probably teething. Kate went a week or so without eating one "square" meal (and I freaked about it) and she survived and got back to normal in no time. One thing that always gets Kate to eat when she's not in the mood is Yo Baby yogurt. The girl starts bouncing up and down and squealing when I get it out of the fridge.
Good luck with the eating and we hope you guys are having a great week!!!
I have done the wallet thing, not once but twice. Cringe.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the eating strike Kili has done that too. Someone suggested the Yo Baby yogurt I give Kili that when she won't eat anything else and she always opens up immediately. I know how desperate you start to feel even though aren't really "starving". Something else we give Kili on her "strikes" are lil' crunchies-they're back with the baby snacks and fruit chillers-by the applesauce. Kili LOVES the fruit chillers when she is teething. They are basically just frozen blend/mushed fruit. Healthy too!!
You know how Joe ate practically nothing last night (ketchup doesn't count)? Well, he chowed down today at lunch & dinner. I do think the "not eating" thing is cyclical.
ReplyDeletesophie is the weirdest eater ever. she'll pig out one day and then eat nothing for 3 or 4 days after that. and something that is her favorite one day gets thrown to the doggies the next. toddlers are so fun! ha!
ReplyDelete