12.08.2008

Weekend Update(minus Dennis Miller):Edition 1

***Oops...I counted wrong!***
Woo Hoo!!! This is my 200th post!!!
I knew this was coming up soon, but didn't realize this was it until after I published it! I didn't recognize my 100th post...I'd actually have to go back and count to find it. I can't believe I've had this much to say (or maybe I haven't) since I started this in January. Yay me! :)



I've seen so many good blog-Mommies out there who periodically write down all the little things they want to remember about the particular stage their baby is in. I think about these things non-stop, everyday...but have just never gotten around to putting them down on paper (or screen, as it were). I feel bad about this, since Caroline will be 18 weeks tomorrow. I guess I have some consolation in the fact that we have a picture of her from nearly EVERY day of her life!

Anyway, I've decided to TRY (that's the operative word) to make a weekly post dedicated to my "favorite things" about Caroline. I've decided to title it "Weekend Update"...as in, SNL's famous skit with my all-time favorite comedian, Dennis Miller. Sadly, Dennis Miller will not be featured in these posts, but I'm taking the name, nonetheless. Here goes:

Things I love about Caroline...

*the sweetness of her breath

*her snoring

*how she snorts when she's excited

*the fact that she has "my" nose

*all of her brown hair that I can put a real bow in

*how happy she is when she's getting her diaper changed

*the fact that she's totally enthralled by a ceiling fan

*the fact that she started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks!!!

*how cute she is when she sucks her thumb/fingers/hand
*and lastly...I love this picture!

I'll be back with more next week! (You may just have to remind me!)



5 comments:

  1. love that sweet bundle of joy! ur header is my christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post, Jen. Yes, until Kate began sitting up, she had a flat spot on her head. I knew it was from lying in her bed but also thought the way I held her for feedings contributed. So...we switched arms on the feeding and otherwise just let the flat part work its way out. Her spot is gone now. I think it probably took about a month for it to round out again. I have another friend (whose baby is exactly 1 mo older than Kate) who had the exact same problem so I think it's pretty common. We asked our dr. about it too and she said it was no big deal...we felt kinda silly...ha! Anyway, I'm going to have to check out CP for a new hat for Kate....that pic was toooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea Jennifer... I should start keeping a list like this for Sofia! Thanks for the idea....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture! That color looks good on her with her dark hair. I thought it was interesting that her breath was the first thing on your list. Alise's breath was one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those cheeks! It makes me want another baby!

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! :)